Oil changes may seem mundane, but if your car is maintained correctly you must change your oil as it is a crucial part of your vehicle and should always be part of your recurring maintenance. The fewer surprises your car throws at you the better, and Ewing Auto Service in Mount Vernon, IN,serving the southern Illinois Area wants you to know just how important your oil changes are.
The oil in your engine is essentially its lifeline. It protects moving parts from rust and friction and cleans your engine by absorbing carbon buildup and debris. When you neglect an oil change, that oil saturated with dirt and debris begins to work against you. First, small particles in the oil wreak havoc on bearings and small oil journals. If neglected for too long, oil begins to break down or coagulate, inefficiently lubricating moving parts and clogging passageways. Old oil will destroy an engine, either through bearing and part wear or oil starvation, or both at the same time. Too much wear on internal engine parts will cause the engine to fatally malfunction, sooner rather than later.
Whatare the other benefits of a regular oil change?
- Improved engine performance: Clean oil and a fresh air filter will keep all the important parts of your engine clean and lubricated. This creates a smoother and quieter ride. A smooth running engine has a positive effect on multiple different areas of your vehicle.
- Prevents debris build-up: Older oil will stick to engine parts. This can turn into debris, clog up areas and create build up. Changing the oil and filter regularlyremove and prevent this nasty build up. If you do the majority of your driving on dirt roads you will need more regular oil changes.
- MPG: As mentioned above, regular oil changes offer up improved lubrication. Newer, cleaner oil reduces friction that can slow your engine which means you'll end up paying more money for gas. New, clean oil also helps your engine run cooler. A cooler engine is more efficient. Anti-freeze and oil work together to cool your engine together. If one isn't working right it negatively affects the other one.
- Cleaner emissions: Older cars, trucks, RVs and SUVs can burn old, dirty oil which increases emissions. Dirty oil allows hydrocarbons to build up in the crankcase. If the oil is dirty the emissions levels can raise.Brand new oil is much less likely to burn and can also absorb particles which means less pollution.
- Longer engine life: Whether you live in the city, suburbs or country your engine will get dirt and debris stuck inside of it. If you change your oil there is less friction. With less friction, there is much less wear and tear. With less wear and tear means a much longer engine life. If you change your oil regularly, there is less carbon build-up. All this together will save you money in the long run. Replacing an engine can cost quite a bit of money.
- Other car parts: Clean, new oil doesn't only protect the engine. It also protects other car parts that are constantly in motion. Oil lubricates the crankshaft and the connection rods. This controls the pistons. the pistons going up and down when your engine is on. The cylinder walls allow the rings to build up better compression when lubricated. The camshaft is the valve train that opens and closes the engine tank and exhaust valves. The oil keeps this lubricated and moving efficiently as well.
- Other issues: If you get a regular oil change then the other parts of your vehiclewill also get checked. We offer affordable oil changes. We will alsocheck for other issues while you are here.
- Warranty: Most terms of a warranty include regular oil changes. If you don't follow these terms it could void the contract.
Since it is a lot easier to keep an engine internally clean than it is to clean up a dirty one, and since proper lubrication is the most important aspect of engine longevity, you can see why proper oil maintenance is such a priority. Get your oil changed on time, and don't skip the oil filter replacement. The next time your car is ready for an oil change, or any other services from brake pads to major engine issues, let the experts at Ewing Auto Service handle it. We'll keep your car maintained, so you can avoid breakdowns, and get the most out of your car, truck, or SUV.
Oil Change Services in Mount Vernon and Evansville, serving the southern Illinois Area
The oil in your car is similar to the blood in your veins – it keeps all moving parts running smoothly. Regular oil changes are essential to the basic maintenance plan of any vehicle. Drop by the Ewing Auto Service auto repair center for a quick oil change from one of our friendly and experienced auto repair specialists. Be proactive and prevent possible damages to your engine, make sure your car is properly maintained and that the oil is changed on a regular basis.
When is it Time for an Oil Change?
Don’t wait until the ‘check oil’ signal lights up on your dashboard. Ewing Auto Service experts offer recommendations on the frequency for oil changes based on a few facts about mileage, driving habits, and the particulars of your vehicle. Drop in for a free estimate if you’re unsure whether your car is in need of an oil change. One of our helpful employees will be happy to answer your questions and concerns. In the meantime here are a few warning signs to look for:
- Strange and loud clanging noises
- Your car is eating up a lot of oil
- The emergency check engine light pops up
- The oil is dark and dense
- You don’t know when you last changed the oil
Save Money with a Quality Oil Change
Did you know that by not changing the oil in your car, you could end up spending $2,000 and upward to repair your engine? That’s right, oil helps make automobiles run smoothly and without an oil change, the engine will suffer serious damages that’ll you will pay for tenfold. Save yourself the stress, time and money and be sure to properly maintain your car but changing the oil regularly. Ideally, you want to schedule an oil change after your car has seen 3,000-7,000 miles. If not, the oil is likely to corrode and wreak havoc on your vehicle and engine. Nearly everything can affect your car’s performance, be diligent and make sure it is getting the proper maintenance.
The High Cost of Engine Neglect
Dirt particles, dust and bits of debris eventually build up in an engine and affect a vehicle’s performance. Fresh engine oil lubricates all moving parts allowing for a smoother ride and a longer lifespan for your vehicle. Neglecting to change your oil will cost more in the long run. Don’t risk serious damage to your engine. Have your oil checked regularly and receive practical car care tips from our friendly auto repair experts.
Only A Few Minutes Can Save Hours of Costly Repairs
When you drop into Ewing Auto Service, our qualified staff will change your oil within minutes and provide you with a handy sticker as a reminder for your next recommended visit. Don’t wait until a simple oil change turns into a bigger repair problem. Consult regularly with automotive specialists for practical preventative maintenance tips. We invite motorists to call us to schedule an appointment, or to ask about any car care concern.